Friday, May 22, 2015

Not too Shabby Scraps

It is definitely HEATING up around here so we are busy getting our house ready for Summer. I'm super excited to share these projects that were completed completely with scraps we had around the house. Of course, my husband and I are both admitted DIY hoarders (it's a serious problem but in this case very convenient). 
The first project took me about 5 minutes. I had a little fabric left from an old pillow project, twine and the chalkboard that I use for random holiday decor (Hobby Lobby). Just a little help from the staple gun and we now have a super cute and easy summer door decor.

Our pallet flag took a little more time but was still pretty easy. My husband disassembled, cut and reconfigured an old pallet into this flag shape and I did the painting (so maybe just easy for me). It was originally a little brighter but we let it get bleached by the sun when we lived in the desert for a short time and I actually like it better than before. 

Finally, I am really excited about our "new" back porch buffet! The best part, it was totally free! My dad had given us a bunch of scrap wood for our boys play set and this was all leftover. My husband made a modified version of an Ana-White table and I couldn't be happier about how it turned out. 

Can't wait to see what else we can make from scraps around the house! I'm sure my husband is excited too😉
 

No comments: