Since I can't send my husband a real home cooked Thanksgiving dinner overseas I had to get a little creative. I tried to pick some of his favorite Thanksgiving staples and found ways to send them that were not only non-perishable but could also be easily prepared in the microwave.
Thanksgiving dinner includes:
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Canned cranberry sauce
- Stove Top dressing (can be microwaved)
- His favorite Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Mac n Cheese
- Canned yams w/ marshmallows
- Gravy (hopefully they have some turkey for them but if not can be used on potatoes)
- Sweet Tea Mio (just add to water)
- Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts with pudding to fill and make his own pies
- You could also add turkey jerky but I didn't bother since I know my husband doesn't like it.
I would love to hear any other ideas you may have for Thanksgiving Care Packages.