Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Spray Paint Crazy for Fall Decor

Metallics are HUGE this season in everything from fashion, to jewelry and of course home decor.  After a recent trip to Home Goods (which is a pretty frequent thing for me) I noticed that I was gravitating towards everything shiny.  Since like most people I can't afford to buy new accessories every time the trends change I went to my favorite DIY fix, spray paint.  I probably drive my neighbors crazy with the spray paint fumes outside our house year round but it is one of my favorite things.  I was having withdrawals after my recent pregnancy made me put the hazardous chemicals away for awhile so I may have gone a little crazy making up for lost time.  

Here are just a few SUPER SIMPLE fall decor updates.  All I did was pick a few accessories from around the house and sprayed them with a variety of metallic paints.  For the wall medallion I used a water downed black acrylic paint over the silver paint to give it an aged look.  


The pumpkins are from a local craft store.  I love this look on top of my China cabinet along with a few of my more rustic accessories. 

Visit mgfinteriors.com for more specific help with your home. 

No comments: