Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Day Centerpiece

I am visiting my sister this year for Thanksgiving and since she knows cooking is not my specialty she put me in charge of the centerpiece. I may have taken the job a little too seriously and came up with a few different ideas for the dinner table, serving table and dessert table. But all are very thrifty!

Dining Table Decor:
I found several old and tarnished brass candlesticks at a thrift store. They ranged in price from $.50- $2! Then I used three different metallic paints to give them a fresh look, gold, bronze and copper. I used Martha Stewarts gilding paints but a spray paint would work just as well and be much easier. (I'm staying away from spray paint right now since I am pregnant)


I just used simple white candle sticks and let the fall colors of the holders really shine.

No comments: