Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Lucy's Room- Part 3

A few weeks ago, I shared a few details from the nursery that my sister is setting up for her new baby girl.  You can check out her DIY wall monogram here and her adorable thrifted pink lamps here.  This week I wanted to share some of her budget friendly ideas.



Didn't she do such a great job?!!  I think it looks so chic.  Every detail was carefully thought out and very affordable.  The changing table was re-used from her first baby boy's room and repainted white to better coordinate with Lucy's white crib (keep an eye out on Craigslist and Yard sales for similar finds).  I love how she used the baskets to keep all the necessities organized and hidden and they really tie in nicely with the rattan barrel chair.  We found that classic chair at a small antique store in great condition for only $60 (we have seen similar in other stores for 3x that).  The Parisian print was a $25 Home Goods find (I love that store), the rug was $20 at Ikea (I had the same one in my old apartment, it blends well with multiple design styles).  The ruffle drapes aren't only super sweet but also very important to Baby Lucy's nap time.  She ordered the drapes from Pottery Barn Kids and hung them on a double drapery rod with a blackout shade behind them to provide total darkness even during the brightest hours of the day (clever mom trick that I never would have thought of).  Finally, the sweet details of Lucy's toys and a handmade blanket crocheted by her great grandma add a personal touch to the space.  The most cost effective part is that most of the staple items will grow with Lucy well into her teen years.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Since this photo was taken I have steamed the curtains and they look much better! :)